Wednesday 16 October 2013

TARTAN 3 Ways: Date/Drinks/Work


Let's talk tartan trousers.

It was love at first sight but as soon as we were home together I questioned my decision to embark on a relationship with something I wasn't totally comfortable with.Normal statement trousers are a daunting prospect enough, let alone a bright red, slightly fluffy pair. I took them on test run dinners and drinks paired with t shirt,jumpers and crop tops but it wasn't until I spotted this silky, boyfriend style t-shirt in New Look that I knew I'd made the right decision. And we lived happily ever after...(not that you can tell from my miserable expression)!

T shirt - New Look HERE
Trousers - Primark
Shoes - Matalan
Necklace - Primark
Bag  - gift




The plain colour and boxy fit of this t shirt really contrast with the bold print and heavy texture of these trousers and the whole look is pulled together with a statement gold necklace to match the accents on my bag and shoes.

In my opinion this outfit is pretty versatile and could easily be worn out for date night, drinks or a works do. To wear it during the day I'd switch the necklace for rings and the metallic courts for smart pumps all pulled together with a chunky cardigan or scarf. I've already considered pairing the trousers with sequins, clashing prints and tailored shirts so be prepared to see a lot more posts featuring these in the next couple of months!

How would you style these statement trousers?

T x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LOOKBOOK