Monday 15 April 2013

OOTN: Flourescent Adolescent

On Saturday night I went out to a charity event with my boyfriend's family. The dress code was smart casual but I'm not one to pass up an opportunity to dress up to the nines!

I toyed with the idea of buying something new but then stumbled across this H&M beauty I bought last year. It's an amazing structured ombre dress covered with geometric shapes and patterns - a total show stopper! The fitted cap sleeves, tight waist and lantern style skirt make me feel a little bit as if I'm wearing a kimono but I love how the shape of the dress makes my waist look teeny weeny.

Dress - H&M
Shoes - Matalan
Clutch - H&M


I actually took the hem on the dress up 5cm as it was an odd length just above the knee and although I was worried it would change the shape of the skirt, it seems to have held it's form really well. 


The back has an interesting cut out with a single strap down the centre - it's different and the cut out isn't too big that you can't wear a bra with it.


Teamed with beautiful an super-cheap gold pointed courts and my RL patent clutch (freebie of course) I felt like a little fluoro fairy. Even the inevitable "drunken-aunt-at-a-wedding" dance moves I pulled out later in the evening couldn't make this dress look ugly!


Gawd, don't you just love it when you rediscover hidden treasures in your wardrobe?! These are the items that will keep reappearing in Facebook photos from time to time over the years but will continue to look fresh and exciting!

I hope you all had a good weekend. Don't want to jinx it but I have this sneaky suspicion that Spring is finally on it's way...

T x















No comments:

Post a Comment

LOOKBOOK